Outfit: Valentine's Day LBD.

Feb 18, 2014



Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
jewelry: made by boyfriend
clutch: thrifted
dress: Xhilaration (purchased at Target)
jacket: thrifted
heels: Rue21

Back in the day, I used to be the Scrooge of Valentine's Day. There was nothing I hated more than seeing all the girls parading around their huge stuffed teddy bears in the hallway after first period. And me...well, Valentine-less. I don't remember high school that well, but I feel like I'd occasionally get a little card from one of my girl friends in an attempt to cheer me up. Maybe. In my mind, I reached an absolute low when my dad felt bad about me and bought me candy. Now I would kill for that heart-shaped chocolate.

Fast forward a few years, and I still don't get huge stuffed teddy bears. I did, however, get a Great Gatsby T-shirt and homemade bread because my boyfriend knows me too well. But the best present ever was getting to see him for two way too short days this past weekend!

Being in a long distance relationship allows you to always find excitement in the mundane things. Cuddling, watching movies, hiking, even doing homework in each other's presence is always a new and exciting experience. Getting to show the other person even a tiny glimpse into your everyday life- your favorite restaurants, your favorite on-campus building, your stats homework- is such a reassuring activity that can't be taken for granted. Two days together per month is an unthinkable amount for many couples, but for us it's a privilege that must be embraced rather than dwelled upon.

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day! Thank you so much for stopping by! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP