Outfit: Blue Shorts + Striped Crop.

Aug 7, 2013






Photos by Aidan Bradbury-Aranda
hair flower: unknown
earrings: unknown
bag: thrifted
necklace: Rue21
crop top: Decree at JC Penney
shorts: Poema
wedges: unknown

Back in the day when I was obsessing over Tumblr, I came across this picture of a girl wearing a strapless top, matched with a necklace made with golden leaves. I reblogged it as inspiration, but never actually expected to come across something similar. Fast-forward a couple of weeks, and there it was- the Tumblr necklace's silver twin, shining at me inside a Santa Fe Rue21 store. I'm not one to spend large sums of money for costume jewelry, so it was a relief to see that the price tag was only $2! Rue21 has some of the best sales in terms of costume jewelry. I have a lot of statement necklaces from them, most of them purchased for $2-$3 a piece on sale. It's the perfect place to shop for accessories as a poor college student, as the cute, trendy pieces can give any wardrobe a quick upgrade. 

My favorite piece from today's look is this pair of wedges that I managed to convince mother to let me have. A couple of years ago, one of my aunts bought comfortable wedges for basically every woman in my family except for the only one that actually wears heeled shoes a lot- me. They've been laying around the closet ever since, so I decided to try them on, and, surprise! They fit like a dream/match a bunch of my clothes/ are incredibly comfortable! I don't even understand why I go shopping in stores sometimes. A trip through all my family members' closets seems much more appropriate for my current financial situation.

Thank you for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love working on this blog and I love reading your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to comment :)

Blog Design by Get Polished | Copyright © Fashamorphosis
BACK TO TOP